Our Goals & Objectives
The purpose of the Terri Brodeur Breast Cancer Foundation (TBBCF) is to raise funds for cutting edge research to eradicate all types of breast cancer. Over the past thirteen years, TBBCF has had the honor of funding 44 promising researchers in cutting-edge breast cancer research. Over $4.4 million has been directed to breast cancer research; and we are making encouraging progress in clinics such as Cold Spring Harbor Laboratories, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and Smilow Cancer Center at Yale New Haven.
Goal #1: Ensure Sponsorships and Grants cover 2019 Requirements and Position us for 2020 and Keep Operating Expenses to a 12% Ratio (20%)
Secure sponsor or grant dollars at $80,000 to $90,000 to cover projected 2019 business year cash expenses and ideally position us for success in 2020
- Goal to launch the first stage of the sponsor campaign by end of April to middle of June.
- Target first time sponsors.
- Planned sponsorship drive.
- Manager all expenses to drive to a 12% expense ratio.
Goal #2: Promote TBBCF Research Grants Program (25%)
Execute Communications Plan to highlight past and present accomplishments within the TBBCF grants administration program.
The research is why TBBCF exists so promoting this great work helps to get our story out.
- Maintain/post TBBCF Funded Research Grant Publications list on TBBCF Website
- Feature grant recipients at public meetings, via social media and on website.
- Plan TBBCF Board and Scientific Advisory Board member visits with grant recipients
- Personalize present and past grant recipients’ presence on TBBCF website and in the local media
Goal #3: Increase and Engage the Foundation Volunteer Base (15%)
Re-engage past core volunteers, BOD members and recruit new volunteers to cover events and operations work to lessen the workload of year-round core volunteers
- Institute working committees at the BOD level
- Partner with past core volunteers to lead/volunteers for lead roles on committees such as website/e-marketing, communications, development/outreach, events/promotions, walk leadership, and operations
- Recruit/Organize office and event volunteers to provide support through October
- Recruit Walk Team Captains for vacant positions
Goal #4: Promote and Increase Participation in the Walk Across Southeastern Connecticut and Other Fundraising (20%)
Increase our walkers in the Walk Across Southeastern CT by 33% from 300 in 2018 to 400 in 2019
Increase the total funds raised of $325,000 in 2018 to $400,000 in 2019 to enable us to fund four research grants
Walker Fundraising = $ 325K
General & Fundraising Events= $ 75K
Goal #5: Broaden TBBCF reach through aggressive social media campaign (Website, Facebook, Twitter, Constant Contact email, LinkedIn … press releases, news stories (20%)
Social Media Campaigns:
- Launch honorary walk chair campaign
- Refresh Logan’s Heroes stories (testimony from walkers, volunteers, donors, sponsors)
- Build Walk through team and corporate challenges
- Increase reach on Facebook, Twitter