The full marathon starts at Old Saybrook Point, Old Saybrook, Connecticut and ends at Camp Harkness Memorial Park, Waterford, Connecticut. Opening ceremonies start at 6:30 a.m. Walk starts at 7:00 a.m. Click here to download walk directions.
Full Marathon Walk Route Directions
- Starting at Old Saybrook Point, proceed through park to Rte 154 (College St).
- Proceed on right side down Rte 154. Take right onto Cromwell Place.
- Proceed down Cromwell Place to 1st left onto Church St, at end of Church St, take a left onto North Cove Rd.
- Turn right on Rte 154 (College St, which turns into Main St.) and proceed through downtown Old Saybrook to the end of Main Street.
- Cross the road at the traffic light and turn right onto Boston Post Road. Walk on left side of the road over the bridge.
- Turn right at end of bridge at the traffic light, staying on Boston Post Rd (Rte 1) for approx. 100 yards to the first right, Mill Rock Rd, then turn into Som Siam Pit Stop
- Proceed on Mill Rock Rd. to Boston Post Rd and turn right. Proceed on Boston Post Road approximately 1 ¾ miles and turn right onto Ferry Rd following the road under the Baldwin Bridge and take left onto Essex Rd. Turn into American Legion Pit Stop
- Proceed along pedestrian walkway to Baldwin Bridge, and Cross over to Old Lyme.
- After crossing Connecticut River (Baldwin) Bridge turn left at end of pedestrian walk to the light; cross at light and turn right and proceed approximately 2 ½ miles south down Rte 156 (Shore Rd) to the Anne’s Episcopal Church Pit Stop
- Coming out of church parking lot, take a left on Rte 156 and proceed to Bailey Rd (on your left).
- At end of Bailey Rd., turn right onto Mile Creek Rd and proceed approximately 2 miles on Mile Creek Rd (Past Ben Franklin Rd, Whippoorwill Rd, Buttonball Rd and Rowland Rd).
- At 3-way intersection with Flat Rock Hill Rd, bear left (almost straight ahead) onto Flat Rock Hill Rd for approximately ½ mile to intersection with Browns Lane
- Take left (North) up the hill, staying on Flat Rock Hill Rd for approximately ½ mile to Hatchetts Hill Rd, then turn right onto Hatchetts Hill Rd.
- Continue approximately 1 ½ miles east on Hatchetts Hill Rd to Four Mile River Rd.
- Turn into Nancy Larson Science Center Pit Stop (formerly Advanced Concrete) (at intersection of Hatchetts Hill Rd and High Street)
- Proceed down Hatchetts Hill and turn right (South) onto Four Mile River Rd.
- Be very careful of traffic on this portion of the walk – stay on right side of road and do not cross until you get past the entrances/exits from I-95.
- Approximately 1/10 mile south on Four Mile Rd take left onto Colton Rd
- Approximately 1/8 mile east on Colton Rd take right onto Capitol Drive
East Lyme / Rocky Neck
Half Marathon Begins at 10:00 a.m. at Capitol Drive, East Lyme, CT and ends at Camp Harkness Memorial Park, Waterford, CT.
- Proceed south on Capitol Drive toward and through the parking lot at the end of this road and enter trail through the woods (follow the TBBCF signs).
- Follow the wooded trail for approximately 1/4 mile and exit on Route 156 just west of Divine Wine Emporium.
- Take left onto Route 156 heading toward the entrance to Rocky Neck State Park. Be very careful of traffic on this portion of the walk.
- Cross at light and proceed into Rocky Neck State Park. Take the first right off the traffic circle toward the campgrounds, and proceed to the end (approximately 1 mile) to where it joins back with the beach parking lot access road. Follow TBBCF signs.
- Follow the signs turning left toward the east side beach house where Lunch “Grab ‘n Go”is located.
- Grab a snack and follow the TBBCF signs east to the foot path across Bride Brook and the marsh out to Giant’s Neck Rd. Take a right on to Giant’s Neck Rd, and then first left onto Griswold Drive.
- Walk up Griswold Drive (steep hill), take a right onto South Edgewood Rd and quick 1st left onto Woodbridge Rd, and follow Woodbridge Rd to end (road veers left at the end) and then a right onto Marshfield Rd and proceed into woods on footpath, which will come out on Brainard Rd.
- Take a left and follow Brainard Rd to end, and then take a right onto Fairhaven Rd. Cross the Pattaganset River, and at the stop sign take a left and continue on Fairhaven Rd.
- Take a right on Old Black Point Rd, proceed thru railroad underpass and take 1st left onto Crescent Ave, heading towards Niantic Bay. Follow Crescent Ave. to Atlantic Ave. Turn left onto Atlantic Ave. and proceed along that shoreline road to the McCook’s BeachPit Stop.
- This Pit Stop is hydration stop only, and rest rooms are available. Proceed up Atlantic Avenue. At the stop sign, turn right onto Columbus Avenue to next stop sign. Turn right onto Katherine Street and continue walking. Katherine Street will turn left onto Haigh Avenue. Continue to next stop sign and turn right onto Main Street. Continue to crosswalk at St. John’s church) where a Traffic and Safety volunteer will cross you to the sidewalk on left side of the road.
- Proceed down Main Street (route 156) to the Black Sheep Pit Stop. This is a full service pit stop. Continue east towards Niantic River Bridge (approx. 1-mile) and Waterford.
Quarter Marathon begins at 1:00 p.m. at the Town Green (Veteran’s Memorial Park) in Niantic on Main St. and ends at Camp Harkness Memorial Park, Waterford CT
- Follow route 156 (Rope Ferry Rd.) on sidewalk on left side of the road to Gardiners Wood Rd.
- Turn right at the traffic light at intersection of Rte. 156 and Gardiners Wood Rd to the Babe Ruth Pit Stop.
- Cross Back at the light, to continue right onto 156 (Rope Ferry Rd), using the sidewalk.
- After the sidewalk ends, continue very cautiously, until turning left to follow Logger Hill Rd. This will loop back to 156, when it does, turn left to resume, cautiously, on 156.
- At Traffic Light, Great Neck Rd, cross with the light to continue on the right side (sidewalk) of Great Neck Rd. Follow approximately 2 miles to Great Neck School Pit Stop.
- From Pit Stop, turn right onto Great Neck Rd, to the entrance to Harkness Memorial Park.
- Walk in the entrance of Harkness Memorial Park and take the 1st left onto the paved walkway.
- Follow the paved walkway past Norma Logan’s bench and onto the finish line at Camp Harkness.