Join us for our 11th Walk Across Southeastern CT
Saturday, October 1, 2016
“the little non-profit that could”
This is Year #11 for “the little non-profit that could”. Yes, ten years and over $3.4M later, we are celebrating our tenth year as a non-profit!
Our marathons will consist of a full marathon (26.2 miles), a half marathon (13.1 miles) and a quarter marathon (6.55 miles). We also offer options for youth (see below).
The Walk will be held Saturday, October 1, 2016. The full marathon begins at 7:00 a.m. and starts at Saybrook Point, Old Saybrook, the half marathon begins at 10:00 a.m. and starts at 8 Capitol Drive in East Lyme, and the quarter marathon begins at 1:00 p.m. and starts at Niantic Baptist Church in downtown Niantic. All walks end at Camp Harkness in Waterford, CT.
Since our first walk in 2006, the Terri Brodeur Breast Cancer Foundation strives to improve the Walk by listening to participants and evaluating the success of the event. Every penny raised by Walk participants is directed to breast cancer research. Yes after ten years we are still committed to 100% of fundraising dollars going to breast cancer research!
2016 Walk Across Southeastern CT Options
- A full marathon (26.2 miles) with each participant required to raise a minimum of $500 each.
- A half marathon (13.1 miles) with each participant required to raise a minimum of $250 each.
- A quarter marathon (6.55 miles) with each participant required to raise a minimum of $200.
- Youth between the ages of 12 and 18 can register with a fundraising commitment of $100 for any marathon.
- New this year: Cancer survivors who register will have a fundraising commitment of $100 for any marathon.
- Teams can register and track their individual and team fundraising
As a participant you are provided with training support, opportunities for group walks, and fundraising support. Not only will you get fit or stay fit but you will unite for a common cause and purpose. Walking can make a difference in your life and others.
Challenge yourself! Challenge your friends and family! There’s an option for everyone to participate.
Our TBBCF Walker Guide found on the website will have additional details.